• Section 1 Engineering and Historical Perspectives
1 Historical Perspectives on 3D Printing
2 CT to Software and Other Considerations
3 Material Science for 3D Printing in Medicine
• Section 2 Surgical Techniques
4 Isolated Total Talus Replacement
5 Total Talus Replacement With a Titanium Nitride-Coated 3D-Printed Titanium Implant
6 Primary Constrained Total Talus With Subtalar Joint Arthrodesis
7 3D-Printed Custom Hemi-Talus Replacement
8 Primary Total Ankle Total Talus Replacement
9 Custom Constrained 3D Total Talus/Navicular Replacement
10 3D-Printed Solutions for Avascular Necrosis of the Talonavicular Joint
11 Tibiotalocalcaneal Fusion With Talar Cage for Hindfoot Reconstruction
12 Distraction Subtalar Joint Fusion Using a Custom 3D-Printed Implant
13 Subtalar Joint Distraction Arthrodesis Utilizing Titanium Truss Technology for Posttraumatic Calcaneal Fracture Arthritis
14 Treatment of Navicular Avascular Necrosis in the Sensate Patient
15 Midfoot Fusion With a Custom 3D-Printed Cage for Charcot Deformity
16 A 3D-Printed Solution for Evans Calcaneal Osteotomy Nonunion
17 3D-Printed Total Cuboid Replacement for Lateral Column Pathology
18 A 3D-Printed Solution for Revision Lapidus Bunionectomy
19 3D-Printed Solutions for First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Fusion With Osseous Deficit
20 3D-Printed Hallux and Lesser Metatarsophalangeal Joint Replacement
21 Lesser Metatarsal Replacement
As an emerging technology, 3D printing holds much promise for foot and ankle reconstruction and difficult-to-treat pathologies. The first text of its kind, Clinical Application of 3D Printing in Foot and Ankle Surgery provides comprehensive, in-depth operative coverage as well as opinions and case examples from surgeons who are currently using 3D printing in their practices. This ground-breaking volume sets the standard for this rapidly advancing field and provides practical, real-world guidance on incorporating 3D printing into your surgical practice.
• Presents clinically focused content in a templated, easy-to-read format of bulleted summaries and practical advice based on the editor’s and authors’ experience.
• Features a practical focus on procedures, techniques, and cases, with tips, tricks, and pearls throughout.
• Includes decision-making criteria on when to consider 3D printing.
• Provides preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative protocols developed by the authors.
• Contains high-quality photographs and 3D imaging.
• An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.