• Overview of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
• Case Presentations of CTEPH: main PA obstruction
• Case Presentations of CTEPH: CTE disease
• Case Presentations of CTEPH: “distal vessel”cases
• Case Presentations of CTEPH: chronic thromboembolic pulmonary vascular disease without pulmonary hypertension
• Mimics and competing diagnoses: Mediastinal Fibrosis
• Case presentations: Pulmonary Artery Sarcoma
• Case presentations: Pulmonary arteritis (Takayasu’s, Sarcoidosis)
• Case presentations: Proximal pulmonary aneurysms and lining thrombus
• Case Presentations: Other
This practical casebook provides important insight to clinicians looking to learn about the diagnosis and management of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH). It systematically describes the clinical decision-making process for a variety of CTEPH cases, from common to rarely seen examples of this disease. Chapters are constructed in an easy-to-follow format designed to improve the reader’s clinical decision-making.
Clinical Cases in Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension features not only a number of CTEPH cases of varying complexity, but also several medical conditions that may mimic CTEPH. It is therefore a vital evidence-based resource for trainee and practising internists, cardiologists, pulmonologists, cardiac surgeons and radiologists looking to expand their knowledge in this area.
• Enables the reader to gain a thorough practical knowledge of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension cases Provides detailed guidance on both diagnostic and therapeutic approaches Reinforces the importance of evidence-based practice in the care and management of patients with large vessel pulmonary vascular disease
• Earning his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine, and completing a Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship at the University of California, San Diego, Dr. Auger accepted a faculty appointment at UC San Diego in 1989. It was there that he subsequently devoted more than 30 years to the management of CTEPH patients, directing the development of one of the leading CTEPH and PTE Programs in the world. In 2018, Dr. Auger retired from UC, San Diego as a Professor of Clinical Medicine. However, his clinical and academic work in the evaluation and treatment of chronic thromboembolic disease and other large vessel pulmonary vascular disorders continue with the acceptance of a faculty appointment at Temple University in Philadelphia.
• Dr. Deepa Gopalan is a Consultant Cardiovascular Radiologist at Imperial College Hospitals, London and Cambridge University Hospitals, Cambridge, UK. She is the currently the Head of Speciality for Cardiothoracic Imaging and the Lead Radiologist for Pulmonary Hypertension Imaging at Hammersmith Hospital, London. She had a PG training at Addenbroke’s Hospital, Cambridge and has done fellowships in Cardiothoracic Radiology at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge and Erasmus MC Hospital, Rotterdam, Nuclear Medicine at UCH/ Middlesex Hospitals, London and vascular intervention at The Sheffield Vascular Unit.