• Dermoscopic and clinical features of Melanoma
• Amelanotic melanoma
• Biomarkers in Melanoma
• Challenges of Current Therapies
• Novel treatments
• Clinical Presentation
• Surgical Management of Melanoma
• Radiation Therapy for Melanoma
• Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in the Treatment of Melanoma
• BRAF/MEK inhibitors in the Treatment of Melanoma
• Nanomedicine in Melanoma
• Side effects of therapies.
This book provides a guide to the diagnosis and management of melanoma. Clinical cases are examined to give the reader an understanding of new diagnostic tools including total body photofinders, two photon excitation florescence microscopy and confocal microscopy. Each case is presented in relation to immunotherapy and quality of life and examines the therapeutic outcomes of newly introduced therapies.Clinical Cases in Melanoma highlights evidence-based best practice through a multidisciplinary approach that is relevant to dermatologists, as well as oncologists, pharmacologists and pathologists.
• Contains practical guidance to board certified dermatologists and dermatologists in training
• Carefully themed to allow readers to gain a thorough practical knowledge of the wide range of cases they may see
• Well illustrated to highlight key diagnosis and management methods
• Michael Tirant is Professor of Dermatology at Hanoi Medical University , Hanoi, Vietnam. He is also Annual Teacher of Integrative Dermatology, at University of Rome “G. Marconi”, Rome, Italy and Director of Psoriasis Eczema Research Centre , Melbourne , Australia. He is a member of the Editorial Board of Dermatologic Therapy Journal, Wiley-Blackwell and is a Scientific Reviewer for a number of sectorial journals. He has co-chaired and presented at many international conferences. His special interests are pathogenesis and integrative treatment approaches for psoriasis, eczema and vitiligo. He has published over 150 international papers and authored and co-authored several chapters and books in dermatology
• Torello Lotti is Full Professor of the Dermatology and Venereology at University of Studies Guglielmo Marconi, Rome, Italy. He is President of the World Health Academy, Dermatology since 2013. Director , Centro Studi per la Ricerca Multidisciplinare Rigenerativa (CSRMR), of the University of Rome “G.Marconi”, Rome, Italy, since 2015. He is Honorary Professor of Dermatology - China Medical University Shenyang (2011), Lecturer at the NewYork Academy of Sciences "Howard Fox Memorial Lecture"(2012-NewYork, NY – USA). He is Visiting Professor in six International Universities worldwide, and Key Note Lecturer in several international dermatology Societies. Editor in Chief of the Dermatologic Therapy. He has been President of numerous international congresses. He is Ordinary Member of the main Scientific Societies worldwide (EADV, SIDEV, ESDR , ISD, AAD, SID) and Honorary Member of several Scientific Societies of the Dermatology field. Moreover, he is a Scientific reviewer of ten sectorial journals, among which are the British Journal of Dermatology, Journal of Investigative Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Dermatologic Therapy. He has authored 1507 scientific publications (879 peer reviewed articles, 288 books chapters and 365 abstracts).
• Uwe Wollina is Professor of Dermatology and Venerology, Allergology and Dermatopathology, since 2001 Head of Department of Dermatology and Allergology and Skin Cancer Center, Städtisches Klinikum Dresden, Germany. He is editor in chief of “Psoriasis: Targets and Therapy” and “Cosmetic Dermatology”. He is member of EADV, ISD, IACD, DDG among other societies. He is member of the editorial board of Journal of the German Society of Dermatology (JDDG), Hautarzt, Clinics in Dermatology, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, Dermatologic Therapy, among others. He has been lectured worldwide. He serves as a scientific reviewer of Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, International Journal of Dermatology, Acta Dermato-Venereologica (Stockholm), American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, Dermatologic Therapy, among others. He has authored more than 2000 peer reviewed articles, 8 books and 148 book chapters. In 2014 he had been awarded with the Certificate of Appreciation 2014 of the International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS).