Section I: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care
Section II: Diseases and Disorders: Alphabetical entries for more than 250 common Exemplar and non-Exemplar disorders
Make this thoroughly updated, concise guide your go-to reference for medical-surgical clinicals! Corresponding to Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care, 10th Edition, from Ignatavicius, Workman, Rebar, and Heimgartner, the Clinical Companion is an easy-to-use, A-to-Z guide to more than 250 common medical-surgical conditions and their management. This portable resource features a strong focus on the Concepts and Exemplars identified in the "Iggy" textbook, along with updated content cross-referenced to the main text. Emphasizing interprofessional collaborative care, this clinical companion is sure to become your most trusted clinical reference.
• UNIQUE! Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care section reflects the emphasis on Concepts in the Ignatavicius textbook and provides students with a quick reference to essential nursing and health Concepts for effective clinical practice.
• A-Z synopses of more than 250 diseases and disorders - along with related interprofessional collaborative care - serve as a quick reference for clinicals and a study resource for essential medical-surgical content.
• UNIQUE! QSEN highlights focus on one or more of the six core QSEN competencies (patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety, and informatics) to help students understand how to apply QSEN competencies for safe, effective care.
• UNIQUE! Focus on interprofessional collaboration provides tips for coordinating care with other health professionals.
• UNIQUE! Nursing Safety Priorities boxes (Drug Alert, Critical Rescue, and Action Alert) reinforce critical safety measures at the bedside and mirror those in the Ignatavicius textbook.
• Printed thumb tabs appear along the edges of the pages for quick access to clinical information and just-in-time learning and reference on the job.
New To This Edition:
• NEW! Updated content throughout matches the 10th edition of the Ignatavicius textbook for a reliably seamless reference and study experience.
• NEW and UNIQUE! Stronger focus on Concepts and Exemplars reflects the more conceptual focus of the Ignatavicius textbook and includes cross-references to relevant disorders in the main text for more information.
• NEW! Data-driven Exemplars reflect disorders identified by "national drivers" such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Healthy People 2020, diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), and other national and international initiatives, as well as commonly encountered diseases and conditions.
• NEW! Streamlined content and format reduces pathophysiology review (which can be readily found in the main text) and focuses on need-to-know content for bedside care, including essential assessment guidelines to promote good clinical judgment, as well as one consistent heading structure for Exemplar disorders and a consistent "collapsed" heading structure for non-Exemplar disorders.
• NEW! Expanded use of illustrations makes it easier for students to apply key content to clinical settings.
• Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, CNE, CNEcl, ANEF, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs; Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators; President, DI Associates, Inc. Littleton, Colorado.
• Nicole M. Heimgartner, DNP, RN, COI, Subject Matter Expert and Nursing Education Consultant, Louisville, Kentucky; Adjunct Faculty, American Sentinel University, Aurora, Colorado