Now in its Sixth Edition, Clinical Epidemiology: The Essentials is a comprehensive, concise, and clinically oriented introduction to the subject of epidemiology. Written by expert educators, this approachable, informative text introduces students to the principles of evidence-based medicine that will help them develop and apply methods of clinical observation in order to form accurate conclusions.
The updated Sixth Edition reflects the most current approaches to clinical epidemiology, including the latest coverage of modeling and expanded insight on applying concepts to clinical practice, with updated, clinical vignette-style end-of-chapter questions to help strengthen students' understanding and ensure a confident transition to clinical settings.
• Updated content throughout reflects the latest practices in clinical epidemiology.
• Increased emphasis on clinical judgment helps students confidently evaluate the effectiveness of guidelines and integrate them into practice.
• Updated vignette-style end-of-chapter questions place concepts in a clinical context and reinforce students' understanding.
• Key Word Lists at the start of each chapter familiarize students with critical terminology for clinical competence.
• Example boxes clarify the clinical implications of important concepts with relevant real-world patient care scenarios.
• Appendix of Additional Readings highlights trusted resources for further review.
• eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today's eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer24/7 access on multiple devices,the ability to highlight and share notes, and more