Part I: Bowel Endometriosis:Pathogenesis
• Epidemiology of Bowel Endometriosis
• Pathologic characteristics of Bowel Endometriosis
• Symptoms of Bowel Endometriosis
Part II:Diagnosis:Non-enhanced transvaginal ultrasonography
• Enhanced ultrasonographic techniques
• Magnetic resonance imaging
• Multidetector computerized tomography enema
• Computed tomography colonoscopy
Part III:Treatment:Laparoscopic Discoid Rectal Endometriosis Resection-the Squeeze Technique
• Conservative Surgery of Deep Bowel endometriosis
• Laparoscopic segmental bowel resection
• Robotic treatment of bowel endometriosis
• Short-term complications of surgery
• Long-term follow-up of patients undergoing surgical treatment of bowel endometriosis
• Hormonal treatment of bowel endometriosis
• Fertility and infertility treatments in patients with bowel endometriosis.
This book exclusively focuses on the practical aspects of diagnosing and managing bowel endometriosis, and highlights the importance of pursuing a multidisciplinary approach.Collecting chapters written by international experts in the field, the book is divided into two parts: the first presents all imaging techniques that are currently available and useful in diagnosing bowel endometriosis, while the second covers all available surgical techniques for treating this disorder, including the modern and lesser-invasive Nerve-Sparing radical approaches.Featuring a wealth of figures, sketches and videos, the book offers an essential guide for specialists, resident and subspecialty trainees in the fields of gynecology, colorectal surgery, radiology and gastroenterology.
• First book specifically focused the diagnosis and treatment of bowel endometriosis
• Includes a wealth of illustrations and videos
• Covers a broad range of imaging techniques, and includes detailed descriptions of treatment options
• Simone Ferrero is currently an Associate Professor at the University of Genova, Italy. After graduating from the University of Genova and completing his PhD at the Queen Mary University of London, he has published over 100 articles on endometriosis in peer-reviewed journals, as well as several book chapters. Over the last ten years, his research has mainly focused on the hormonal therapy of endometriosis-related pain and on the diagnosis of colorectal endometriosis. He has extensive experience in the ultrasonographic diagnosis and laparoscopic treatment of deep endometriosis.
• Marcello Ceccaroni is Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology and Minimally-Invasive Pelvic Surgery at the IRCCS Sacro Cuore-Don Calabria Hospital, Negrar di Valpolicella, Verona, Italy. After graduating from the University of Bologna and completing his Ph.D. in Gynecologic Oncology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Rome, he published an Atlas Textbook on Surgical Pelvic Neuro-Anatomy and various among book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Ceccaroni is an internationally respected expert on the laparoscopic treatment of Deep Endometriosis and Nerve-Sparing Radical Pelvic Surgery. In addition, he is Founder and President of the International School of Surgical Anatomy (ISSA).