• Introduction to Root Resorption
• Types of Root Resorption
• Etiology of Root Resorption
• Diagnosis of Root Resorption
• Risk Factors for Root Resorption
• Imaging of Root Resorption
• Patient Management and Education of Root Resorption
• Treatment Options for Root Resorption
• Long-Term Prognosis of Root Resorption
• Resorption of Impacted Teeth
• Root Resorption: Future Directions.
This book is exceptional in being dedicated solely to root resorption caused by orthodontic tooth movement. While the core content is based on scientific evidence, the book is intended as a practical aid for the clinician who performs orthodontics. After explanation of the different types of root resorption, a series of clinically oriented chapters focus particularly on external apical root resorption. Readers will find clear guidance on etiology, risk factors, diagnosis, imaging, patient management and education, and treatment options. The long-term prognosis of teeth with resorbed roots is thoroughly discussed, and advice is provided on the measures that should be adopted if severe root resorption is encountered during or at the end of treatment. Valuable information is also presented on the practice management side of the problem, covering informed consent, record keeping, and documentation of risk. The closing chapter examines likely future directions in root resorption management. The principal author has lectured and published on the subject for more than 25 years and is internationally recognized as a leading authority. This is the FIRST book solely dedicated to orthodontic root resorption!