• Introduction to Neuroimmunology
• Principles if Immunotherapy
• The microbiome and the immune system
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Epidemiology and Genetics
• Clinical features and diagnosis
• Symptom Management
• Disease modifying treatment
• Multiple sclerosis in Children
• Other Disorders
• Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
• Neuromyelitis Optica
• Neuroimmunology of Cancer
• Autoimmune encephalitis
• CNS Vasculitis
• Neuroimmunology of CNS infections
• Peripheral Nervous System Disorders
• Immunologic disorders of Neuromuscular junction
• Autoimmune Neuropathies
• Systemic disorders
• Systemic autoimmune diseases with neurologic manifestations.
This comprehensive, up-to-date book is designed to make recent developments in neuroimmunology accessible to medical professionals in the field. The field of neuroimmunology is complex and rapidly evolving, especially with the current improvements in targeted biologic therapies. This resource concisely offers clear explanations of these scientific and clinical advancements.
Divided into five parts, the book begins with an in-depth introduction to neuroimmunology and the principles of immunotherapy. Section two consists of eight chapters devoted to multiple sclerosis, including discussions on the clinical features of the disease as well as symptom management and diagnosis. Subsequent chapters then dive into other central nervous system inflammatory disorders such as neuromyelitis optica, autoimmune encephalopathies, and immunological aspects of cancer. Following this are two chapters that examine distinct aspects of autoimmune disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Finally, the book closes with a review on the neurologic manifestations, diagnostic approaches and treatments of the various systemic rheumatic diseases.
Following its successful predecessor edition, Clinical Neuroimmunology: Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders, Second Edition is positioned to be an invaluable asset to neurologists, residents and fellows, internists, and general practitioners who treat patients with neurologic disorders and other systemic autoimmune diseases.
• Simplified understanding of immunology, immunotherapy and immune-mediated disorders of the nervous system
• Updated and expanded new edition covering the latest treatments and emerging concepts, such as Microbiome
• Authored by experts in the field for clinicians that treat patients with neurologic disorders and other systemic autoimmune diseases