This exciting first edition uses a practice focus, with heavy emphasis on application, to help students understand the most common Occupational Therapy theories and select the best for each individual situation. Dr. Alterio takes a unique, holistic approach by providing both the clinical context for how the theories play out in the real world, as well as a methodology for evaluating and applying the most relevant theory to ensure the best possible intervention outcomes.
• eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
• Links theory to treatment by providing an overview of each major OT theory followed by intervention approaches to help students achieve optimum results for each client.
• Applied examples that illustrate each major theory help make difficult concepts easier to comprehend.
• Case Studies with Analysis and Questions enhance students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills and prepare them for real-world practice.
• In-text learning aids, including Chapter Outlines, Learning Objectives, Key Terms, Reflect and Apply activities and bulleted Summaries help students master the material.
• NBCOT- style review questions help students prepare for the OT certification exam.