Retrain your thinking and your life with these simple, scientifically proven techniques!
Cognitive behavioural therapy, or CBT for short, is often cited as the gold standard of psychotherapy. Its techniques allow you to identify the negative thought processes that hold you back and exchange them for new, productive ones that can change your life. CBT's popularity continues to grow, and more individuals are turning to CBT as a way to help develop a healthier, more productive outlook on life.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies shows you how you can easily incorporate the techniques of CBT into your day-to-day life and produce tangible results. You’ll learn how to take your negative thoughts to boot camp and retrain them, establishing new habits that tackle your toxic thoughts and retool your awareness, allowing you to be free of the weight of past negative thinking biases.
• Move on: Take a fresh look at your past and maybe even overcome it
• Mellow out: Relax yourself through techniques that reduce anger and stress
• Lighten up: Read practical advice on healthy attitudes for living and ways to nourish optimism
• Look again: Discover how to overcome low self-esteem and body image issues
Whatever the issue, don’t let your negative thoughts have the last say—start developing your new outlook on life today with help from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Dummies!
• Rhena Branch is an accredited CBT practitioner, supervisor and trainer who has trained hundreds of counselors. She is currently a lecturer at the University of East Anglia.
• Rob Willson, PhD, is a cognitive behavioural therapist with over 25 years experience. He teaches and supervises internationally on CBT for OCD and Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).