1. Color science and its application in Dentistry.
2. Teaching and training color determination in Dentistry.
3. Visual shade matching.
4. Instrumental shade matching.
5. Color management and communication in Dentistry.
6. Avoiding complications and pitfalls with color in Dentistry.
7. Future developments using Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Dentistry
This book presents the state of the art in color science and explains its application to dental structures and materials, using high-quality illustrations to ensure ease of learning. Most people seek a bright smile with a natural appearance. This goal often poses a great clinical challenge for the dentist, and its achievement is dependent on a good knowledge of color science and optical properties relevant to dentistry. Further, if a smile is to be esthetically improved to the patient’s satisfaction, the dentist must be able to extract the best from dental materials and techniques, must understand all aspects of facial harmony, and must communicate effectively with both the patient and lab technicians. All of these aspects are thoroughly explored in the book, with detailed coverage of such topics as visual and instrumental shade matching, color management, and avoidance of complications and pitfalls. Color and Appearance in Dentistry will be of high value to all who are engaged in the daily practice of esthetic dentistry.
• Presents the state of the art in color science and explains its application in esthetic dentistry
• Provides guidance on visual and instrumental shade matching, color management, and avoidance of complications and pitfalls
• Uses illustrated instructions to ensure ease of learning