2. Instruments and energy devices for laparoscopic liver resection
3. Basic skills for laparoscopic liver resection
4. Anatomical liver resection
5. Non-anatomical liver resection
This atlas describes and illustrates in detail the surgical procedures employed in laparoscopic anatomical liver resection, according to tumor location. The surgical approach and techniques are explained for each type of laparoscopic liver resection based on the involved anatomical segment, section, and hemi-liver. Attention is also drawn to potential complications and the means of preventing and managing them. Beyond anatomical liver resection, guidance is provided on non-anatomical resections that do not pay regard to segmental, sectional, or lobar anatomy. The coverage is completed by the inclusion of useful information on instruments and energy devices as well as the basic skills required for laparoscopic liver resection. In presenting a clear practical approach to each laparoscopic anatomical major and minor resection, the Color Atlas of Laparoscopic Liver Resection will be an invaluable guide for trainees. In addition, it will equip more experienced surgeons with much useful information that will enable them to further improve their technique.
• Describes and illustrates the surgical procedures employed in laparoscopic anatomical liver resection
• Explains the surgical technique for each type of resection based on the involved anatomical segment, section, and hemi-liver
• Features more than 100 informative color illustrations