Newly focused on the practical communications skills student pharmacists need for effective practice, this updated Seventh Edition—now in full color— reflects new ACPE standards, including up-to-date coverage of the PPCP model, co-curricular experiences, interprofessional interaction and collaboration, and professional development. Practical, easy-to-use, and packed with relevant case studies and coverage of the latest advances in the field, this edition is ideal for the foundational course and pre-experiential training.
• Expanded emphasis on communication skill application helps students master the knowledge and skills they need for pharmacy practice
• Additional content added on motivational interviewing, e-commerce, contemporary ethical issues (such as medical marijuana and opioid abuse), and student-preceptor and pharmacist-management communication issues
• Full-color design with new diagrams and figures enhances readability
• Additional case studies from diverse settings prepare students to deal with the wide range of situations they will encounter in practice
• Stronger emphasis on assessing communication skills includes coverage of patient surveys and colleague observers
• Expanded coverage on choosing effective patient education materials and communicating with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) patients prepares students for professional practice
• Revised review questions, chapter-ending review cases, and references help students master the material
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
• Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more