BAGHERI, S.; KHAN, H.; STEVENS, M.
1. Preoperative Implant Evaluation and Complications of Treatment Planning
2. Medical Complications in Dental Implantology
3. Intraoperative Dental Implant Complications
4. Anatomic Basis of Dental Implant Complications
5. Aesthetic Dental Implant Complications
6. Infectious Dental Implant Complications
7. Preventing and Treating Dental Implant Complications from Drugs Known to Cause Osteonecrosis of the Jaws
8. Complications in the Atrophic Mandible
9. Trigeminal Nerve Injuries
10. Complications of Sinus Grafting and the Atrophic Maxilla
11. Miscellaneous Complications in Oral Implant Surgery
This book offers up-to-date guidance in the diagnosis and management of the various complex complications that may be encountered during or after the placement of dental implants. The aim is to raise the awareness of clinicians regarding such complications and to equip them with the knowledge needed in order to deal with complications promptly and effectively. This in turn will assist in the avoidance of “complications of the initial complication”, which is of critical importance in preventing more serious clinical and psychological problems for patients as well as medicolegal issues for clinicians. The range of complications covered in the book is very wide, encompassing medical, intraoperative, aesthetic, and infectious complications as well as medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw, complications in the atrophic mandible, trigeminal nerve injuries, and more. Complex Dental Implant Complications is written by a team of leading experts and surgeons in the field. It will be a valuable aid for all clinicians who place dental implants.
• Increases awareness of potential complications
• Provides guidance on prompt diagnosis and management
• Covers a very wide range of complications
• Written by leading experts and surgeons in the field
• Shahrokh C. Bagheri, BS, DMD, MD, FACS, FICD, is Chief of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Northside Hospital, Atlanta and Forsyth, Georgia, USA and Co-Director of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)-certified Fellowship Program in Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Augusta University, Georgia. Dr. Bagheri gained his DMD cum laude from Harvard School of Dental Medicine in 1997 and received his MD from Emory Medical School in 2000. He completed training in oral and maxillofacial surgery and gained his board certification from the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. From 2010 to 2017 Dr. Bagheri served on the editorial board of the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is one of the first few OMF surgeons to be member of the American Society of Peripheral Nerve (ASPN). He has lectured nationally and internationally and is the author of more than 50 journal publications, many book chapters and the editor or co-editor of seven books.
• Husain Ali Khan, MD, DMD,MCh. FACS, FAACS graduated from University of Kentucky College of Dentistry in 1995 and went on to complete his medical degree at University of Miami School of Medicine in 1999. He additionally trained in General Surgery and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Masters Degree in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge, United Kingdom. Triple Board Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Cosmetic Surgery and Facial Cosmetic Surgery. He is the current CEO of Aesthetics International USA and Georgia Oral and Facial Surgery in AtLANTA, GEORGIA. He is a the Co Fellowship Director of the Facial Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship program which is accredited through the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Khan was part of the initial team that launched the surgical services at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Hospital in Dubai. His other positions have included Clinical Assistant Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Medical College of Georgia, USA. Editor of multiple text books in the filed of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery.
• Mark R. Stevens, BS, DDS, is Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Augusta University Dental College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA. Dr. Stevens gained his DDS from University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, in 1976 and went on to complete his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Wilford Hall Medical Center in 1982. He has been board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery since 1984 and by the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology since 2004. Prior to taking up his present position at Augusta University in 2006, he was Associate Professor of Surgery and Program Director of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program at the University of Miami, as well as Director of the university’s Orthognathic Surgery and TMJ Center. Dr. Stevens is a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is recognized nationally and internationally in the field of craniomaxillary fracture repair.