• Malformations: Complications in Cleft Lip Palate Surgery
• Complications in Craniofacial Surgery
• Complications in Distraction Surgery
• Complications in Orthognathic Surgery. Infection: Complications in Odontogenic Infections
• Complications in Oral Implant Placement
• Complications in Non-odontogenic Infections
• Complications in TMJ Surgery. Trauma: Complications in CranioMaxilloFacial Trauma
• Complications and Orofacial Pain. Tumor: Complications in Skull Base Surgery
• Complications in Oral Cancer Resection
• Complications in Free Flap Reconstruction
• Complications at the Donor Site
• Complications at the Resection Site
• Complications from Radiotherapy.
This superbly illustrated book equips readers with a detailed, up-to-date understanding of the surgical and nonsurgical complications that may arise during cranio-maxillofacial and oral surgery for a range of conditions, including malformations, infections, trauma, and tumors. It will aid both in the prevention of complications and in their effective management, across all age groups. Among the diverse surgical settings considered are cleft lip and palate, odontogenic and non-odontogenic infections, temporomandibular joint disorders, cranio-maxillofacial trauma, oral cancer, and skull base tumors. Potential complications during and after reconstructive procedures, including donor site morbidity, are considered. The book is designed to heighten awareness and to fill gaps in knowledge by providing novel insights. It will be of value for all clinicians, residents, and medical and dental students who are interested in oral, maxillofacial, craniofacial, plastic, reconstructive, and head and neck surgery.
• Describes the surgical and nonsurgical complications that may arise during cranio-maxillofacial and oral surgery
• Offers up-to-date guidance on prevention and management
• Includes a wealth of high-quality illustrations
• Written by highly experienced surgeons, physicians, and dentists
Robert Gassner, MD, DMD, PhD, MBAe , is Professor in Cranio-Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery at the University Hospital of Innsbruck, Austria. He took up this position in 2009, having previously been Associate Professor at the hospital (2003–9) and Associate Professor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Cleft and Craniofacial Center, University of Pittsburgh, USA (2001–3). Dr. Gassner also has extensive professional experience at a range of universities and clinics across the world. He has been a Fellow of the European Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery since 2000. He is the author of 75 original papers in peer-reviewed journals. He has served on the editorial board (section: Orthognathic Surgery) of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (2003–9) and acts as a peer reviewer for numerous journals.