This practical atlas describes the use of dermoscopy in the clinic, a technique that is increasingly used by the clinical dermatologist. It revolves around the use of clinical cases, simulating what happens in the clinic when the dermatologist is presented with a patient who has pigmented lesions. Dermatologists perform diagnoses based on what they see on the skin and with these images recognize different diseases. This whole spectrum of forms and shapes is reflected in colour. Dermoscopy opens a new and very wide field of structures and colors that can not be seen with the naked eye and, with appropriate training and the use of this book, improves our clinical diagnosis.
Comprehensive Atlas of Dermatoscopy Cases teaches the technique through specially selected clinical cases that cover the entire field of dermoscopy, providing the reader a thorough understanding of the techniques and methodologies associated with diagnosis using dermatoscopy. It is of great use to the trainee dermatologist and any practicing dermatologist seeking to expand their skills with this important diagnostic tool.
• Provides a thorough grounding in the techniques involved in dermatoscopy
• Details the basic and advanced considerations using carefully chosen illustrative cases
• Covers the use of dermatoscopy in all clinical conditions
• Dr Cabo studied at the University of Buenos Aires, where I became a Medical Doctor, then specialized in dermatology obtaining the title of Dermatologist, later becoming Head Professor of Dermatology at the University of Buenos Aires and Consultant of Dermatology Section of the Medical Research Institute "A. Lanari "of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Buenos Aires. During the last 20 years he has worked in dermoscopy, understanding that it represents a tool for diagnosing and monitoring skin cancer. Dr Cabo has participated as Speaker on dermoscopy over the last 10 years in the American Academy of Dermatology and the European Academy of Dermatology, and has published about 200 scientific papers of the specialty, as well several book chapters and five books as Editor, four of them on dermoscopy. He has taught over 100 courses and have participated in multiple conferences, courses and seminars specialty.
• Aimilios Lallas is a Board-Certified Dermatologist-Venereologist. He is currently occupied at the First Department of Dermatology of the Faculty of Medicine of Aristotle University in Thessaloniki, Greece. He is specialized in skin cancer diagnosis with non-invasive techniques, as well as in the management of skin cancer patients. His main field of research interest is dermoscopy of skin tumors, the application of the method in general dermatology and the improvement of the management of oncologic patients. He is co-author of approximately 190 scientific papers published on Pubmed Central, most of them on dermoscopy, and of 4 book chapters on dermoscopy. He has been awarded scholarships from several foundations and Academies. He has supervised the training of numerous fellows from several countries on skin cancer diagnosis and management. He participates in research projects on non-invasive diagnosis and in clinical trials on skin cancer treatment. He is invited speaker in most of the main International dermatologic congresses. Dr Lallas is currently the General Secretary of the International Dermoscopy Society.