1. Computed Tomography: An Overview
2. Digital Image Processing
3. Physical Principles of Computed Tomography
4. Data Acquisition Concepts
5. Image Reconstruction Overview
6. Iterative and Deep Learning Reconstruction Basics
7. Basic Instrumentation
8. Image Postprocessing and Visualization Tools
9. Image Quality
10. Radiation Dose in Computed Tomography
11. NEW! Radiation Awareness and Safety Campaigns in Computed Tomography
12. Multislice Computed Tomography: Physical Principles and Instrumentation
13. Other Technical Applications in Computed Tomography: Basic Principles
14. Three-Dimensional Computed Tomography: Basic Concepts
15. Positron Emission Tomography/CT (PET/CT) and Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography/CT (SPECT/CT)
16. NEW! Patient Care Considerations
17. Computed Tomography of the Head, Cerebral Vessels, Neck, and Spine
18. Computed Tomography of the Body
19. Pediatric Computed Tomography
20. NEW! Artificial Intelligence: An Overview of Applications in Health and Medical Imaging
21. Quality Control for Computed Tomography Scanners
Appendix A. Terminology: Spiral Versus Helical
Answers to Review Questions
Build the foundation necessary for the practice of CT scanning with Computed Tomography: Physical Principles, Clinical Applications, and Quality Control, 5th Edition. Written to meet the varied requirements of radiography students and practitioners, this two-color text provides comprehensive coverage of the physical principles of CT and its clinical applications. The clear, straightforward approach is designed to improve your understanding of sectional anatomic images as they relate to CT and facilitate communication between CT technologists and other medical personnel.
• Chapter outlines and chapter review questions help you focus your study time and master content.
New To This Edition:
• NEW! Three additional chapters reflect the latest industry CT standards in imaging: Radiation Awareness and Safety Campaigns in Computed Tomography, Patient Care Considerations, and Artificial Intelligence: An Overview of Applications in Health and Medical Imaging.
• UPDATED! More than 509 photos and line drawings visually clarify key concepts.
• UPDATED! The latest information keeps you up to date on advances in volume CT scanning; CT fluoroscopy; and multislice applications like 3-D imaging, CT angiography, and virtual reality imaging (endoscopy).
Euclid Seeram, RT(R), BSc, MSc, FCAMRT, Medical Imaging, Advanced Studies, British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada