As the growing field of pharmacogenomics continues to impact daily practice and offer promising new drug therapies, understanding this complex science is critical for all pharmacists students, residents, and established practitioners.
To meet this need, ASHP Concepts in Pharmacogenomics has been completely updated for the second edition, covering both the fundamentals of pharmacogenomics and the latest genomic technologies.
Written by pharmacists and geneticists, it not only covers basic science concepts but also includes expanded coverage of therapeutic applications. Each chapter features key definitions, case studies, and clinical pearls, with figures and summary tables to further support learning.
• This new edition includes:
• Updated methodologies such as next generation sequencing.
• Advances in therapeutic applications.
• Expanded use of point-of-care genetic testing.
• Role of pharmacogenomics in the individualisation of chemotherapy.
• New chapters on pharmacogenomics of drug addiction and antidiabetic drugs.
A clearly written, comprehensive guide to the evolving science of pharmacogenomics, the second edition can help students and clinicians acquire a deep understanding of this important new scientific field and become current with todayï¿½s latest developments.