ROSENSTIEL, S.F.; LAND, M.F.; WALTER, R.
• PART I Planning and Preparation
1 History Taking and Clinical Examination
Stephen F. Rosenstiel, Martin F. Land, and Robert D. Walter
2 Diagnostic Procedures
3 Treatment Planning
4 Principles of Occlusion
5 Periodontal Considerations
6 Mouth Preparation
• PART II Clinical Procedures: Section 1
7 Principles of Tooth Preparation
8 Tooth Preparation for Ceramic Restorations
9 The Complete Crown Preparation
10 The Ceramic-Veneered Crown Preparation
11 The Cast Partial Veneer Crown, Inlay, and Onlay Preparations
12 Restoration of the Endodontically Treated Tooth
13 Implant-Supported Fixed Prostheses
14 Tissue Management, Scanning, and Impression Making
15 Interim Fixed Restorations
• PART III Laboratory Procedures
16 Communicating With the Dental Laboratory
17 Definitive Casts and Dies
18 Restoration Design
19 Framework Design and Metal Selection for Metal-Ceramic Restorations
20 Pontic Design
21 Retainers for Removable Partial Dentures
22 Metal Restoration Fabrication
23 Color, the Color-Replication Process, and Esthetics
24 Metal-Ceramic Restorations
25 Ceramic Restorations
26 Resin-Bonded Fixed Partial Dentures
27 Connectors for Fixed Partial Dentures
28 Finishing the Metal Restoration
• PART IV Clinical Procedures: Section 2
29 Evaluation, Characterization, and Glazing
30 Luting Agents and Cementation Procedures
31 Postoperative Care
Find everything you need to master tooth preparation, prostheses, and restorations! Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 6th Edition provides a solid foundation in basic science as well as step-by-step guidelines to hundreds of fixed prosthodontic procedures. Using more than 3,500 high-quality drawings and photographs, this complete reference walks you through each step of patient care, from diagnosis and planning to prosthesis fabrication and follow-up care. Separate sections on planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures make it easier to look up the information you need. This edition covers the latest advances in CAD/CAM technologies and adds new content on minimally invasive prosthodontic procedures through preventive, adhesive, and implant dentistry. From respected prosthodontics educators and clinicians Stephen Rosenstiel, Martin Land, and Robert Walter, this book includes an enhanced eBook free with each new print purchase, featuring a fully searchable version of the entire text.
• Illustrated, full-color step-by-step procedures walk you through all the steps of treatment from the beginning to the final treatment result.
• Summary charts provide a quick, at-glance review of specific procedures (such as Class II inlay preparation and ceramic crown preparation), highlighting the indications, contraindications, advantages, disadvantages, preparation steps, recommended armamentarium, and criteria.
• Prosthodontic Diagnostic Index helps you determine the appropriate treatments for completely edentulous, partially edentulous, and dentate patients, using guidelines and illustrations from the American College of Prosthodontists.
• Text boxes accompany selected illustrations, presenting quick facts and tips relating to techniques or concepts.
• Study questions at the end of each chapter offer an opportunity to test your knowledge and comprehension.
• An enhanced eBook is included with each new print purchase, featuring a fully searchable version of the entire text, images, and more!
New To This Edition:
• NEW! Updated and new content includes minimally invasive prosthodontic procedures, tooth preparation for adhesive indirect restorations, implant dentistry and ceramic restorations, clinical photography and digital smile design, risk assessment, and assessment of patients with sleep disorders.
• NEW full-color photos and drawings enhance your understanding of each topic, and show the newest instruments and equipment.
• NEW! Advances in technology are broken down into their underlying principles and then integrated into the text, rather than including a single chapter with step-by-step CAD/CAM procedures that might soon be out of date.
• Stephen F. Rosenstiel, BDS, MSD, Professor Emeritus, Division of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, Ohio.
• Martin F. Land, DDS, MSD, Professor Emeritus, Restorative Dentistry, Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine, Alton, Illinois, Adjunct Professor, Prosthodontics, Department of Reconstructive Sciences, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut.
• Robert Walter, DDS, MSD, FACP , Director of Technical and Laboratory Support Services, Professor, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Loma Linda, California