Written specifically for LPN/LVN students, Contemporary Practical/Vocational Nursing, 9th Edition, provides a basic introduction to the nursing profession and helps LPN/LVN students develop the management, collaborative and problem-solving skills for successful nursing practice.
This proven approach emphasizes lifelong learning, leadership skills and career planning, detailing everything LPN/LVN students need to communicate effectively, work as a member of a team, confront challenges and complexities in the workplace and move forward into leadership roles. Featuring NCLEX-PN®-style review questions available on thePoint and Critical Thinking Exercises that ready students for the rigors of exams and real-world practice, the 9th Edition has been extensively updated to reflect the latest clinical approaches to LPN/LVN practice and equip student nurses with the clinical judgment to excel today’s nursing workforce.
• UPDATED!Evidence-based content reflects the latest clinical approaches to LPN/LVN practice.
• NEW!Emphasis on clinical judgment cultivates essential problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Critical Thinking Exercise boxes challenge students’ critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with real-world situations.
• Assess Yourself tests help students optimize their strengths and improve their weaknesses.
• NCLEX-PN®-style Chapter Review Questions available on thePoint reinforce key content and boost students’ test-taking confidence.
• Apply Critical Thinking Skills encourage discussion and foster critical thinking in the classroom and beyond.
• Read More About It resource lists empower students to learn more about important issues.
• Web Boxes throughout the text point students to relevant information available online.