This book is the first evidence-based evaluation of the present limitations, shortcomings, and controversies in clear aligner therapy. It discusses problems in finishing, relapse, complex movements, mechanotherapy, attachment optimization, the mandibular advancement appliance, interproximal reduction, extraction therapy, interceptive treatment, accelerated orthodontics, and deep bite/open bite correction. Unlike current available texts on clear aligner therapy, this book features a nonpartisan, critical analysis of the problems of the technique and demonstrates their clinical implications. Unique solutions to the current limitations of clear aligner therapy are presented, and systematic strategies and protocols for addressing a vast range and complexity of malocclusions commonly confronted by practitioners are introduced. The book helps orthodontists, technicians and bioengineers to investigate prevailing misconceptions, and to resolve significant controversies and dilemmas in clear aligner therapy.
• First critical perspective of the present limitations and controversies in clear aligner therapy
• Clarifies and offers unique solutions to dilemmas in clear aligner therapy
• Written in a reader-friendly style by leading experts
• Dr. Anderson T. Huang is a clinical associate professor at NYUCD, Department of Orthodontics and a clinical professor at Taipei Medical University. He is a lifetime diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO), as well as a board examiner for the ABO. He is a founder of the N.Q. Dental Study Club in NY. He is also the past president of the NYU Orthodontic Alumni Association. He has presented and hosted many clear aligner therapy lectures and webinars domestically and internationally for the past 20 years. He is a fellow of both the American College of Dentists (FACD) and International College of Dentists (FICD). He has published numerous articles on clear aligner therapy in the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, New York State Dental Journal, Modern Orthodontics, Orthodontic Practice US, and other publications. He is also the author of the “Handbook of A&J Clear Aligner Pliers.” He has practiced orthodontics with various clear aligner devices for the past 30 years at locations in Queens, Great Neck, and Manhattan, including Invisalign, Orthoclear, ClearCorrect, GAC (MTM), Dentsply Suresmile, 3M Clarity aligners, in-house 3D printed clear aligners, and other appliances.
• Dr. Darren Huang is a clinical assistant professor at NYUCD, Department of Orthodontics. He is an educator for courses in orthodontics for dental school students. He is a diplomate of the ABO. He has published numerous articles on clear aligner therapy in the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, New York State Dental Journal, Modern Orthodontics, Orthodontic Practice US, and other publications. He was awarded numerous research awards during his graduate and postgraduate training, including the Violight Jonathan A. Ship Award for Translational Research and the OKU-Dr. Michael C. Alfano Award for Excellence in Research. He has also contributed a number of book chapters on dental education. He is a practicing orthodontist in both Flushing, NY and Great Neck, NY. He is also a writer of fiction and criticism and has published work in Bookforum, Harvard Review, Colorado Review, Kenyon Review, Gathering of the Tribes, and other publications. He is an editor for Full Stop Literary Magazine and an assistant editor for Asymptote Magazine