The indispensable resource for the busy small animal practitioner. Providing easy-to-use, cutting-edge information, Côté's Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 4th Edition is like six books in one - with concise coverage of diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques; differentials, mnemonics, and lists; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and a drug compendium. Completely updated from cover to cover, this edition includes over a dozen all-new chapters on new and important topics including hyperadrenocorticism (food-related), hypercalcemia (idiopathic feline), meningoencephalitis of unknown etiology, incidentally-detected heart murmurs, and more. It also includes free access to a fully searchable companion website containing an electronic version of the text, all of the book's images in color, bonus chapters and video content, a searchable drug compendium, 200 client education handouts in both English and Spanish, and 35 customizable client consent forms.
• UPDATED! Videos demonstrate important findings that static images cannot convey, such as characteristic lameness and ultrasound findings.
• UPDATED! Tech Tips cover more than 850 diseases and disorders that are especially relevant to the technician's daily experience in the clinic.
• UPDATED! 200 customizable printable client education handouts are included online and available in English or Spanish.
• Highly referenced diseases and disorders presented in alphabetical order makes sought-out information easy to retrieve.
• Extensive cross referencing throughout the text offers quick access to all pertinent information.
• Hundreds of expert international contributing authors ensure the information is the most accurate and up-to-date.
• SIX-BOOKS-IN-ONE offers invaluable content, such as diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques; differential diagnosis; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and drug formulary.
• Pedagogical icons reflect content to alert readers to unique elements within each monograph.
• Vibrant website with searchable content and extensive bonus material enhances information from the print book.
New to this Edition
• NEW! Expert Consult website with fully searchable eBook allows quick identification of any topic and its related information in the six different sections of the book.
• NEW! Fully revised and updated content plus dozens of all-new chapters, including:
- Hyperadrenocorticism (food-related)
- Meningoencephalitis of unknown etiology
- Hypercalcemia (feline idiopathic)
- Hops toxicosis
- Movement disorders
- Heart murmur (incidental finding)
- Urethral occluder placement
- Fecal transplant
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (blind)
• NEW! Informed client consent handouts provide simple explanations of procedures and denote foreseeable risks in both English and Spanish).
• NEW! Additional color images throughout the eBook increase the effectiveness of clinical photographs to showcase ophthalmologic and dermatologic conditions.
• NEW! Includes procedures and techniques rated in practical "do-ability" from 1 diamond (any vet should be able to read and do), to 3 diamonds (understanding procedure will facilitate conversation with clients but best performed through referral).
• Leah Cohn, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM), Professor of Veterinary Medicine Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery Veterinary Health Center University of Missouri Columbia, Missouri.
• Etienne Cote, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology and Small Animal Internal Medicine), Associate Professor, Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada