• Multi-disciplinary Perspectives on Systemic Risk and Resilience in the Time of COVID-19.-
• Ten Strategies for Leadership During COVID-19: A Plan of Action for Decision Makers in Times of Critical Change.-
• Some elements of analysis of the bibliography on risk and resilience on COVID-19.-
• Real-Time Anticipatory Response to COVID-19: A Novel Methodological Approach.-
• Complexity, Interconnectedness and Resilience: Why a paradigm shift in economics is needed to deal with COVID-19 and future shocks.-
• Enhancing current practice from the natural and manmade hazards domain to pandemic: Insights from the Italian case.-
• Value-based optimization of healthcare resource allocation for COVID-19 hot spots.-
• Overview of preventive measures and good governance policies to mitigate the COVID-19 outbreak curve in Brunei.-
• Precarious Aging: COVID-19 Risk, Resilience and Response.-
• The Impact of "Flatten The Curve" on Interdependent Economic Sectors.
This book aims to provide a collection of early ideas regarding the results of applying risk and resilience tools and strategies to COVID-19. Each chapter provides a distinct contribution to the new and rapidly growing literature on the developing COVID-19 pandemic from the vantage points of fields ranging from civil and environmental engineering to public policy, from urban planning to economics, and from public health to systems theory. Contributing chapters to the book are both scholars and active practitioners, who are bridging their applied work with critical scholarly interpretation and reflection. The book's primary purpose is to empower stakeholders and decision-makers with the most recent research in order that they can better understand the systemic and sweeping nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as which strategies could be implemented to maximize socioeconomic and public health recovery and adaptation over the long-term.
• Essential to stakeholders and decision-makers in the COVID-19 pandemic
• Provides a clear and concise overview of the most important literature on the outbreak of the recent coronavirus
• Combines applied science with critical scholarly interpretation and reflection