1. Preparing for clinical rounds and oral examinations
2. Otology and Neurotology
3. Facial Plastic Surgery
4. Rhinology and Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
5. Head and Neck Surgery
6. Pediatric Otolaryngology
8. Otolaryngic allergy
9. Sleep Medicine
10. Oral and Oromaxillofacial Surgery
11. Head and Neck Pathology
Cummings Review of Otolaryngology, 2nd Edition, offers a unique, effective review of the entire spectrum of otolaryngology—perfect for in-service exams, the ABO oral and written boards, and the recertification exam. More than simply a summary of essential information in otolaryngology, this practical review tool provides a logical, systematic approach that can be applied to any oral exam format or to address any clinical situation; once these lists are reviewed and memorized, you’ll have a wealth of knowledge that can be instinctively accessed and effectively used in any clinical or examination scenario.
• Covers the most essential clinical information—such as differential diagnosis, clinical algorithms, and treatment options—in an easy-to-remember, list format, helping you quickly respond to questions in a clinical and testing situation, teach other residents and medical students, or assist in patient management.
• Features expanded information on pathology and audiology, and fully updated, evidence-based content throughout.
• Promotes efficient, immediate recall of material through a uniquely organized format, encouraging a way of thinking that is central to success on oral boards, on clinical rotations, and in patient care.
• Helps you answer questions such as: What questions do I need to ask in the history? What findings am I looking for on physical exam? What is the differential diagnosis? What are the critical findings on radiology and pathology studies? What are the treatment options? How do I perform this? and more, giving you a wealth of knowledge that can be accessed and used in any clinical or exam scenario.
• Includes practical sections on how to achieve success on the oral exam, as well as the most important pathology and radiology slides for in-service and board examinations.
• Contains hard-to-find review coverage of sleep medicine, allergy, and dental/oral surgery.
• Ideal for study and review prior to clinical rounds with the attending surgeon, a complex surgical case, a mock oral board examination, or the American Board of Otolaryngology examinations.
• An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.