1. Newer Technologies for Cataract Surgeries
2. Newer Technologies for Imaging in Cornea and Keratoconus
3. Newer Technologies for Refractive Surgery: Femtosecond Laser
4. Recent Advances in Glaucoma Diagnostics
5. Newer Technologies in Vitreoretinal Disorders
6. Newer Technologies in Ocular Oncology
7. Newer Technologies for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
8. Newer Technologies for Ocular Drug Development and Deployment
9. Newer Techniques in Vision Restoration and Rehabilitation
10. Technology in the Making and the Future of Ophthalmology
This book provides an overview of the latest technological advances in various ophthalmology subspecialties: from the latest glaucoma shunt devices to mobile adaptors for posterior segment evaluation, this book has it all. It gives readers a valuable head start for adopting the uber-new and cutting-edge products now available on the market.
Being familiar with these new products and technologies will help both new and established ophthalmologists make effective and efficient choices, while also helping their practices stand out from the crowd. Perhaps no other branch of medicine is as technology-oriented as ophthalmology: be it lasers, fiber optics, robotics, stem cells or nanoparticles, every cutting-edge step that “Research and Development” takes is rapidly integrated into everyday eye practice.As part of the series “Current Practices in Ophthalmology”, this volume is intended for residents, fellows-in-training, generalist ophthalmologists, specialists and vision science researchers alike.
• Covers all aspects of the latest technologies available for various ophthalmology subspecialties
• Provides concise explanations and the salient points of each new technology and tool
• Includes a wealth of high-quality images and illustrations
Dr Parul Ichhpujani is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Ophthalmology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India, where she is chiefly responsible for glaucoma and neuro-ophthalmology services. She completed her Glaucoma training at the Advanced Eye Centre, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India and in a subsequent Clinical Research fellowship, under Dr George L Spaeth, at Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, USA. She currently serves on the Education Committee of the World Glaucoma Association and is the Associate Managing Editor of the Journal of Current Glaucoma Practice, the official journal of the International Society of Glaucoma Surgery. She was ranked among the Powerlist 2015 for the “Best 40 ophthalmologists under 40”.
An avid researcher, Dr Ichhpujani has co-authored three books: “Pearls in Glaucoma Therapy”, “Living with Glaucoma”, and “Smart Resources in Ophthalmology”; and has edited another five: “Expert Techniques in Ophthalmology”, “Glaucoma: Basic and Clinical Perspectives”, “Manual of Glaucoma”, “Clinical Cases in Glaucoma: An Evidence Based Approach” and “Glaucoma: Intraocular Pressure and Aqueous Dynamics.” She has contributed several research articles and book chapters in national and international books, and serves as a reviewer for many ophthalmology journals.