1. General Introduction and Sources of Flavonoids
2. Analytical Techniques for the Identification and Quantification of Flavonoids
3. Chemistry and Synthetic Overview of Flavonoids
4. Metal Complexation and Patent Studies of Flavonoid
5. Flavonoids as Emerging Anticancer Agents: Current Trends and Recent Advances in Phytotherapy
6. Absorption, Metabolism, and Disposition of Flavonoids and Their Role in the Prevention of Distinctive Cancer Types
7. Emerging Trends in Flavonoid Research and Associated Toxicity
8. Role of Nanotechnology in Flavonoid-Mediated Anticancer Therapy
9. Flavonoids as Potential Anticancer Agents in Clinics: Where Have We Reached So Far?
The book comprehensively introduces readers to various aspects of flavonoids, a category of natural metabolites that exhibits various pharmacological effects. It discusses their chemistry, absorption and metabolism, mechanisms of action and toxicology as well as future perspectives for clinical applications, and also provides detailed insights into their anti-cancer properties, since flavonoids are known to modulate tumor-associated intracellular as well as extracellular signaling pathways. The book also highlights the current research on the health effects of selected flavonoids, and their various roles in cancer prevention and treatment. Lastly, the book elucidates nanotechnology-mediated tools to enhance the bioavailability and solubility of flavonoids to improve their bioactivity and pharmacokinetic parameters.
• It uniquely highlights the role and mechanistic details of various flavonoids as an anti-cancer agent in various types of cancer
• It features the cutting-edge research on the role of nanotechnology in improving the bioavailability and solubility of flavonoids It also entails the recent clinical trials conducted using flavonoids in cancer therapy
• The book comprehensively provides an overview of the various flavonoids, including new sub-classes of flavonoids and various analytical methods used for their quantitative analysis
• This book describes the chemistry and biosynthetic methods for the synthesis of various flavonoids using the latest software. It also emphasizes on the Structure Activity Relationships (SAR) of different flavonoids