• Poisons, toxicology and envenomation
• Acute medicine and critical illness
• Infectious diseases
• Clinical biochemistry and metabolism
• Kidney and urinary tract disease
• Cardiovascular disease
• Respiratory disease
• Endocrine disease
• Nutrition and disease
• Diabetes mellitus
• Alimentary tract and pancreatic disease
• Liver and biliary tract disease
• Blood disease
• Rheumatology and bone disease
• Neurological disease
• Medical ophthalmology
• Skin disease
• Ageing and disease
• Reference ranges
For over half a century Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine has informed and educated students, doctors and other health professionals all over the world, providing a comprehensive account of the practice of medicine. Davidson’s Essentials of Medicine provides the core content of the main textbook in a condensed format which will be invaluable whenever you are on the move - whether commuting, travelling between training sites, or on electives.
• This book provides a distillation of the core information required for clinical studies in medicine. While retaining the acclaimed readability of the main textbook it presents the key information in a format more appropriate for practical clinical work.
• The scope of the contents was carefully selected by a team of junior doctors, emphasising only the topics that will be essential for clinical studies.
• The text draws directly on the depth and breadth of experience of the Davidson’s authors and its International Advisory Board.
New To This Edition:
• Updated to include key changes and new illustrations included in Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine.
• New chapters on Acute Medicine and Ophthalmology
J. Alastair Innes, BSc PhD FRCP Ed, Consultant Physician, Respiratory Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh; Honorary Reader in Respiratory Medicine, University of Edinburgh, UK.