About the author
1 The Reality
4 Dividing the indivisible
7 Minds and hearts
8 Insight and wisdom
9 Authentic teaching
Deeper Still is the next stage of an ongoing process and a consequence of further inquiry into the yoga experience from author John Stirk. Following on from The Original Body this book invites an even deeper immersion into the reality of practice and the totality of personal experience in accessing the power of our inner teacher.
Many yoga teachers have adopted a relatively shallow approach when compared to the deeper approach of traditional practice. Perhaps yoga teachers are comfortable with teaching the exercises but unwittingly reticent when it comes to opening up a deeper experience that includes transformative shifts in consciousness. No amount of external information, however inspiring, can take us to that shift in consciousness. Only we can step, unaided, across the fine line between conditioned and unconditioned responses into the transformational shift that yoga provides. In Deeper Still yoga teachers are invited to deepen your potential for transcending ‘the norms of yoga’, and in so doing to discover and provide for students an ever deepening and transcendent approach.
Write your own story, develop your own script, ride the uncatchable wave that might be called yoga, and open up your creativity to the next level!
Deeper Still enables yoga teachers to take students to a deeper dimension. It also:
• appeals to the depth mind through a deepening physical experience
• invites a more profound contact with groups
• brings out the essence of yoga in students as a consequence of a deeper creativity
• highlights emergent insight as a feature of group work
• blends an ancient concept with modern western yoga
• draws attention to the relationship between soft tissue sensitivity and the quality of consciousness
• examines the potential for abundant resonance in group work and the so-called ‘universal experience’