• Identifies rehabilitation as a human right for people with dementia.
• Reviews functions affected by dementia, including cognition, communication, and physical function.
• Outlines evidence-based strategies to maintain function and to delay decline.
• Describes how to maintain activities of daily living and leisure activities.
• Includes techniques to maintain self-identity and mood.
• Recognizes the importance of environment and care partners in supporting rehabilitation.
• Summarizes models of care for rehabilitation.