1. Why Did I Write This Book?
2. Why We Do What We Do: The Evolution of the Soft Tissue Paradigm
3. Diagnostic and Treatment-Planning Concepts
4. Principles of Systematic Treatment Planning
5. Smile Design: The Major Smile Groups
6. Micro-esthetics: If You Don’t See It, You Won’t Treat It
7. Management of Congenitally Missing Teeth: Interdisciplinary Care
8. Esthetics in Orthognathic and Plastic Surgery
Orthodontic treatment generally aims to improve the occlusion and smile esthetics of the patient. But the patient’s overall facial appearance determines how they look to others, not just their smile. This book dives deep into dentofacial esthetics and teaches you how to evaluate each patient who walks through your door from the macro to the micro, focusing first on the big picture and then working your way to the minute details in order to treatment plan for the best possible outcome. The author’s mantra is that “If you don’t see it, you won’t treat it,” so his goal is to educate dentists and orthodontists about what they should be seeing in order to yield maximally esthetic outcomes, taking into consideration concepts like esthetic balance and smile projection. This book will teach you to see the face and dentition in a different way, guiding you to understand what the problems are, how to think your way through them and put them in a perspective so that you and the patient can agree on the focus of treatment, and then how to choose the most appropriate and effective treatment methods. An invaluable resource for any orthodontist or esthetic dentist.