• Gives comprehensive coverage of ECG signal processing
• Presents development and parametrization techniques for ECG signal acquisition systems
• Analyzes and compares distortions caused by different digital filtering techniques for noise suppression applied over the ECG signal
• Describes how to identify if a digitized ECG signal presents irreversible distortion through analysis of its frequency components prior to, and after, filtering
• Considers how to enhance QRS complexes and differentiate these from artefacts, noise, and other characteristic waves under different scenarios
• Joao Paulo do Vale Madeiro, Professor, University for the International Integration of the Afro-Brazilian Lusophony, Sao Francisco do Conde, Brazil.
• Paulo Cesar Cortez, Professor, Department of Teleinformatics Engineering, Federal University of Ceara (UFC), Brazil.
• José Maria Da Silva Monteiro Filho, Federal University of Ceara, Campus do Pici, Fortaleza, Brazil.
• Angelo Roncalli Alencar Brayner, Federal University of Ceara, Campus do Pici, Fortaleza, Brazil