Chapter 1 Diabetes Epidemiology-Year 1980 and after
Chapter 2 Diabetes and Inflammation
Chapter 3 Insulin Resistance and Glucose Regulation
Chapter 4 Diabetes: A leading contributor to other disease complications
Chapter 5 Biomarkers of Diabetes
Chapter 6 Anti-diabetic drugs
Chapter 7 Diagnosis and treatment
Chapter 8 Dietary and lifestyle management of diabetes
Chapter 9 Future prospects and recommendations
Diabetes: Epidemiology, Pathophysiology and Clinical Management aims to be the one-stop diabetes book for researchers, scientists and clinicians. It details the epidemiology, causes, molecular mechanisms, molecular markers, available drugs, experimental drugs, treatment modalities, and dietary and lifestyle approaches related to diabetes. It focuses on various molecular aspects of diabetes, and its related co-morbidities. Apart from the drug-based treatment approach based on international guidelines, this book also describes various surgical treatments available for cases of uncontrolled symptomatic diabetes. It also lays emphasis on the future possibilities of different approaches for diabetes management.
• Includes treatment guidelines and approaches to diabetes provided by major global diabetes associations
• Provides a thorough and comprehensive assimilation of detailed information and updates in the field of diabetes, helpful for researchers, scientists and clinicians
• Contains a chapter on anti-diabetic drugs, that covers both the commercially approved drugs as well as those that are in various phases of experimental, pre-clinical, and clinical trials
• Dr. Awanish Kumar. Presently Dr. Awanish Kumar is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology, Raipur, India. He has more than 10 years of post Ph.D. research experience in the area of drug discovery and health care. He has obtained his Ph.D. degree from Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow & Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India in 2009. He has done post doctoral study from McGill University, Canada. Dr. Kumar has served various national and international organizations with different academic/research capacities. He has published more than 100 peer reviewed research paper in SCI journals. He is the author of several books and chapters. Currently, he is serving various national institutional committees, scientific society, advisory panel and giving his active contribution in academic and research. Awards and laurels won by Dr. Kumar run into volumes. He is the member of many international professional research societies and reviewer/editorial board member of reputed and refereed journals.
• Dr. Ashwini Kumar. Dr. Ashwini Kumar did his M.Tech (Biotechnology) from Department of Biotechnology & Medical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Rourkela (Odisha), India. His master’s research was focused on obesity checking the effect of flavonoids on the lipid accumulation in adipocytes. He did his PhD under the supervision of Dr. Awanish Kumar from the Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology Raipur (Chhattisgarh), India. The broad area of his doctoral research was formulation of mucoadhesive drug delivery systems. His interest lies in biomaterials and metabolic diseases. He has 14 journal publications and 7 book chapters to his credit. Currently, he is working as a Research Associate in Department of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India.