List of contributors
3. Genetics of Diabetic Microvascular Disease
4. Epigenetics of Diabetic Microvascular Disease
5. Diabetic Retinopathy - Clinical
6. Diabetic retinopathy- Research
7. Diabetic Nephropathy - Clinical
8. Diabetic Nephropathy - Research
9. Diabetic Neuropathy - Clinical
10. Diabetic Neuropathy - Research
11. Diabetic Foot, Clinical
12. Diabetic Foot - Research
13. Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction Clinical and Research
14. Cerebral Microvascular Disease Clinical and Research
Diabetes remains one of the main causes, in the western world, of legal blindness, end stage renal disease, and amputation, despite the implementation of tight glycemic control and the great progress in the management and care of our patients.
In the perspective that clinical and basic-science knowledge are fundamental to clinicians as well as to researchers, this book is a valuable resource by integrating clinical information and research frontlines of the microvascular complications of diabetes.
It will provide up-to-date diagnostic criteria, classifications, and therapeutic approaches and recent discoveries on mechanisms of disease, experimental therapeutic agents, and biomarkers of disease.
The ultimate goal of this book is to provide a useful and handy tool to professionals and students in the field of diabetes and its microvascular complications.