1. The Bone Marrow Biopsy Jon van der Walt
2. The Normal Bone Marrow Anna Green
3. Necrosis, Stromal Changes and Artefacts Konnie Hebeda
4. Aplasia Olga Pozdnyakova and Emily Mason
5. Hyperplasia Lívia Rásó-Barnett
6. Infective, Granulomatous and Benign Histiocytic Disorders Alexandar Tzankov
7. Malignant Disorders of the Histiocytic/Dendritic Lineage Monika Klimkowska
8. Myelodysplastic Syndromes Olga Weinberg and Robert Hasserjian
9. Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Karen Reichard and Dan Arber
10. Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Hans-Michael Kvasnicka and Attilio Orazi
11. Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Julia Geyer and Attilio Orazi
12. Systemic Mastocytosis Tracy George and Amy L. Jencks
13. Myeloid and Lymphoid Neoplasms Associated with Eosinophilia Sa Wang and Roberto Miranda
14. Precursor Lymphoid Neoplasms Girish Venkataraman
15. Mature Lymphoid Neoplasms Ayoma Attygalle and Sunil Iyengar
16. Plasma Cell Neoplasia Falko Fend
17. Metastatic Lesions Hesham El Daly
18. Bone Marrow Changes Following Therapy and Immunosuppression Alexandar Tzankov
19. Immunohistochemistry and Flow Cytometry in Bone Marrow Hematopathology Mats Ehinger and Anna Porwit
20. Molecular Diagnostics in Bone Marrow Hematopathology Mats Ehinger, Per Levéen and Anna Porwit
Written by global experts, this indispensable guide includes over 200 illustrations and essential information in clear tabular formatting, giving hematopathologists rapid access to diagnostic criteria at the microscope. General principles of bone marrow biopsy and aspirate processing are covered, together with the normal and reactive bone marrow, infective, infiltrative and neoplastic diseases. Chapters also guide readers through the use of immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry and molecular diagnosis, whilst extensive referencing provides further reading in specialist and rare topics. Whether working as a generalist, specialist, trainee or resident, this in an essential bench guide for hematopathologists at all levels of experience. The print book comes with access to the text and expandable figures online at Cambridge Core, which can be accessed via the code printed on the inside of the cover.
• Provides extensive and vibrant illustrations provided to aid the diagnostic process
• Presents critical information using tables and bullet points for ease of reading in busy clinical settings
• Includes access to an HTML version of the text on Cambridge Core, alongside expandable figures and resources, via a scratch-off code inside the cover
• Jon van der Walt, St Thomas’ Hospital, London
Jon van der Walt is an Honorary Consultant in the Department of Histopathology at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals, London, UK.
• Attilio Orazi, Texas Tech University
Attilio Orazi is the Chair of the Department of Pathology at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, El Paso, Texas, USA.
• Daniel A. Arber, University of Chicago
Daniel A. Arber is the Donald West and Mary Elizabeth King Professor, and Chair of the Department of Pathology at the University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA.