1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Basic Electrophysiology
3. Sinus Mechanisms
4. Atrial Rhythms
5. Junctional Rhythms
6. Ventricular Rhythms
7. Atrioventricular (AV) Blocks
8. Pacemaker Rhythms
9. Introduction to the 12-Lead ECG
Written in a more conversational style, this popular text offers clear, straightforward explanations plus practice exercises that make it easier than ever to understand and interpret basic dysrhythmias. This edition features more practice ECG strips, expanded Stop and Review exercises, and a new companion CD-ROM with video clips and additional ECG strips. This package also includes a handy Pocket Reference and a heart rate calculator ruler.
• Description of each dysrhythmia's characteristics is presented along with causes, possible clinical significance, and recommended interventions.
• Contains chapter objectives and key terms.
• The Introduction to the 12-Lead ECG chapter provides all the basics for this advanced skill, including determining electrical axis, ECG changes associated with myocardial ischemia and infarction, bundle branch block, and miscellaneous conditions.
• A comprehensive post-test is provided at the end of the book in chapter 10.
• Rewritten in conversational style to improve readability.
• Expanded Stop and Review section at the end of each chapter includes matching, short answer, multiple choice, true/false questions, crossword puzzles, and practice ECG tracings.
• Over 100 new illustrations visually support the text.
• ECG Pearl boxes give helpful hints for interpreting ECGs.
• Drug Pearl boxes highlight various medications used to treat dysrhythmias.
• Expanded to include even more practice ECG strips.
• Expanded 12-lead ECG chapter.