1:Ultrasound, Maryam Alsharqi
3:Transthoracic anatomy and pathology: Chambers and vessels, Kenneth Chan, Jonathan Choy, Jamie Kitt, Elizabeth Orchard, Rizwan Sarwar, Michael Stewart, James Willis, and Arash Yavari
4:Transthoracic anatomy and pathology: Valves, Lucy Hudsmith, Saul Meyerson, William Moody, Jim Newton, David Oxborough, Bushra Rana, Liam Ring, and Benoy Shah
5:Acute and critical care echocardiography, Claire Colebourn
6:Transoesophageal examination, Gosia Wamil
7:Transoesophageal: Chambers and Vessels, Michaela Scheuermann-Freestone and Michael Stewart
8:Transoesophageal: Valves, Lucy Hudsmith, Saul Meyerson, William Moody, Jim Newton, Elizabeth Orchard, Susanna Price, Bushra Rana, Liam Ring, Benoy Shah, and Arash Yavari
10:Stress echocardiography and coronary artery sonography, Andreas Helfen, Tyler Lamb, and Rizwan Sarwar
11:Interventional echocardiography, Jim Newton
12:Congenital heart disease
13:Quality assurance, reporting, and normal ranges
Fully updated for its third edition, Echocardiography provides all of the essential information you need on echo acquisition, interpretation, and reporting in an easily-readable and concise format. Featuring over 400 full colour images, this resource also comes with online access to 155 video clips to clarify complex issues, making it an invaluable guide for both the experienced and trainee cardiologist who performs echocardiography as part of their practice.
Designed to align to international guidelines and help trainees undergoing accreditation or certification, including the BSE, EACVI, and ASE requirements, this handbook bridges the gap between entry-level texts and large textbooks, and is compact enough to carry around in clinical settings. It covers all echocardiography modalities, from acute echocardiography to transoesophageal and stress imaging. The third edition includes a simplified approach to the physics of ultrasound, a brand new chapter on interventional echocardiography, and a streamlined navigation between basic and advanced techniques. The sections on diastolic function, heart failure, and congenital heart disease have been expanded, and over 100 new illustrations, images, and schematic diagrams have been added to simplify images and anatomy for the reader.
• Designed to align to international guidelines and help trainees undergoing accreditation or certification, including the BSE, EACVI, and ASE requirements
• Covers all echocardiography modalities, from acute echocardiography to transoesophageal and stress imaging
• Features over 400 full colour images to simplify interpreting echos
New to this Edition:
• Comes with online access to over 150 video clips to clarify complex scenarios
• Features a new chapter on interventional echocardiography
• Sections on diastolic function, heart failure, and congenital heart disease have all been expanded
• Contains over 100 new illustrations, images, and schematic diagrams to simplify images and anatomy for the reader
• Paul Leeson, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, and Consultant Cardiologist, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford, UK.
• Cristiana Monteiro, Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist and Deputy Lead Cardiac Physiologist, Cardiovascular Clinical Research Facility, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
• Daniel Augustine, Consultant Cardiologist, Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust, Bath, UK.
• Harald Becher, Professor of Medicine and Chair for Cardiovascular Research, Heart & Stroke Foundation, Canada