BABAR, J.; DICLE, O.; LAMB, H.; OLEAGA, L.; SÁEZ, F.
1. Abdominal Radiology
2. Breast Radiology
3. Cardiac Radiology
4. Chest/Thorax Radiology
5. Genitourinary Radiology
6. Head and Neck Radiology
7. Interventional and Vascular Radiology
8. Musculoskeletal Radiology
10. Paediatric Radiology
11. Safety in Radiology and Imaging Procedures
12. Principles of Imaging Techniques and Processing
This EDiR guide has a practical rather than a theoretical focus, and is intended as a reference tool for potential EDiR candidates who would like to gain a better understanding of the EDiR examination. A pool of experts has made every possible effort to create a single source that contains everything needed to successfully pass the EDiR examination. Times have changed, and there is certainly a new generation of radiologists who will find this cutting-edge tool a “must-have” to familiarize themselves with the examination quickly and easily.
The book is divided into the following main sections: one chapter for each subspecialty; one chapter on Safety, Management and Imaging Procedures; another on Principles of Imaging Techniques and Processing; and lastly, one on Management. This structure follows the same pattern as the EDiR examination, which is based on the European Training Curriculum (ETC) for Radiology released by the European Society of Radiology (ESR).
Each subspecialty is covered using the same basic structure: Multiple Response Questions (MRQs), Short Cases (SCs) and CORE Cases from one of the most recent EDiR examinations. Students will thus be able to see all the questions from a recent examination and learn from the answers and comments provided by our pool of experts.
Clinical cases as electronic supplementary material complete the book, and links to EDiR preparation sessions are also included, allowing students to improve their knowledge of specific areas.
• Thoroughly prepares students for the European Diploma of Radiology examination
• Authored by leading European specialists in all disciplines of radiology
• Designed following the structure of the European Diploma in Radiology examination, with cases and links to online preparatory courses