Based on the author’s extensive teaching experience, this unique textbook comprises the essentials of organic chemistry in 86 chapters as concise, self-contained units of study. Each chapter, visually presented as one or two double pages, includes questions to allow for immediate and effective self-examination. Answers are summarized in the appendix.
Topics covered within the book include:
• Basic concepts (atomic and molecular orbitals, covalent bonding, hybridization, resonance, aromaticity)
• Molecular structure (atom connectivity, skeletal isomerism, conformation, configuration, chirality)
• The classes of organic compounds including natural products, polymers, and biopolymers
• Types, mechanisms, selectivity, and specificity of organic reactions
• Molecular structure elucidation (mass spectrometry, UV and visible light absorption, IR and NMR spectroscopy)
• Planning organic syntheses
The perfect fit for bachelor and master students alike, this book is an all-in-one resource for efficiently studying and passing organic chemistry exams.