1. Headache in the Emergency Department
2. Low Back Pain Emergencies
3. Dizziness and Vertigo Presentations in the Emergency Department
5. Acute Visual Loss
6. Diplopia, Third Nerve Palsies, and Sixth Nerve Palsies
7. Facial Nerve Palsy
8. Evaluation and Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke
9. Intracerebral Hemorrhage
10. Seizures and Status Epilepticus
11. Central Nervous System Infections
12. Guillain-Barré Syndrome
13. Spinal Cord Compression and Myelopathies
14. Movement Disorder Emergencies
16. Acute Respiratory Failure in Neuromuscular Disorders
17. Coma, Disorders of Consciousness, and Brain Death
18. Neurotoxicology Emergencies
This book is an invaluable resource for the diagnosis and management of neurological illnesses in the emergency setting. It emphasizes the quality of prognosis to be contingent on the prompt management of these illnesses.
Emergency Neurology, Second Edition follows the exemplary format of the previous edition, with comprehensive chapters on every neurological emergency, including stroke, headache, back pain, dizziness, vertigo, syncope, visual loss, diplopia, facial nerve palsy, weakness, altered mental status, coma, meningitis and encephalitis, seizures, and spinal cord disorders. Chapters emphasize the clinical presentation, diagnostic studies and management, and include high-quality images and tables that are invaluable for rapid diagnosis and therapy.
Building off its predecessor's success, Emergency Neurology, Second Edition is an excellent reference for neurologists, emergency room physicians, internists, neurology residents, emergency medicine residents, and internal medicine residents.
• Covers every known neurological emergency a practitioner might encounter in the field
• Practical, well-written and clinically useful reference
• Created for a variety of medical practitioners, including residents