• Fully addresses medical genetics and genomics as applied to hematologic, immunologic and endocrinologic disorders, with an emphasis on understanding the genetic mechanisms underlying these disorders, diagnostic approaches and treatment methods
• Provides genetic researchers, students and health professionals with new and updated chapters on the genetic basis of, and treatment pathways for, red blood cell disorders, rhesus and other fetomaternal incompatibilities, immunodeficiency disorders, inherited complement deficiencies, celiac disease, diabetes mellitus, as well as thyroid, parathyroid and gonad disorders, among other conditions
• Includes color images supporting identification, concept illustration and method processing
• Features contributions by leading international researchers and practitioners of medical genetics
• Includes a robust companion website that offers lecture slides, image banks and links to outside resources and articles to help readers stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the field
• Reed E. Pyeritz, William Smilow Professor of Medicine and Professor of Genetics, Senior Fellow, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Smilow Center for Translational Research, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
• Bruce R. Korf, Chief Genomics Officer, UAB Medicine, Wayne H. and Sara Crews Finley Endowed Chair in Medical Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA.
• Wayne W. Grody, Professor, Divisions of Medical Genetics and Molecular Diagnostics, Departments of Path. and Lab. Medicine, Pediatrics, and Human Genetics, UCLA School of Medicine, UCLA Institute for Society and Genetics, Director, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratories and Clinical Genomics Center, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA