• Summarizes the literature on emotions, emotion dysfunction and PTSD
• Looks at genetic influences on emotional responding in PTSD
• Explores emotional granularity and emotion-driven impulsivity
• Outlines prolonged exposure, cognitive processing therapy, and other treatment methods
• Matthew Tull, Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA.
• Nathan Kimbrel, Assistant Director, Implementation Science and Program Evaluation; Assistant Director of the Genetics Research Laboratory, Department of Veterans Affairs Mid-Atlantic Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC); Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, USA