Offering a broad appeal to microbiologists, immunologists, and infectious disease specialists, the volume provides current and future prospects of vaccines for all autoimmune, tropical, and infectious diseases. Emphasis is placed on genetics, physiology, metabolism, pathogenesis, and applied microbiology. Under the leadership of some of the most world renowned names in the field, the encyclopedia brings together an outstanding collection of contributions by top scientists in a variety of fields.
The entries are listed alphabetically and provide full references.
The volume on Vaccines includes:
• A list of the vaccines currently available and the companies that manufacture them
• Molecular Immunology of the Vaccine
• Type of Immunity involved in protection
• Mode of Vaccination for each vaccine; repeated boosters and length of immunological memory
• Commercial production of vaccines
• Storage of vaccines
• Standardization and Control of Vaccines
• WHO programs and World-Wide Disease Eradication Programs based upon Vaccines