Explores recent research and innovations in the field of endodontics and provides evidence-based guidelines for contemporary dental practice
Endodontic Advances and Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines provides a comprehensive and up-to-date description of recent research findings and their impact on clinical practice. Using an innovative approach to the field, the book enables readers to translate the current body of knowledge on endodontic diseases and treatment into guidelines for enhancing patient care.
Divided into four parts, the book first addresses new research findings and advances in technology, techniques, materials, and clinical management. In addition, it provides revised clinical guidelines for a variety of areas within the specialty, such as endodontic diagnosis, treatment planning, management of endodontic emergencies, regenerative endodontic procedures, three-dimensional imaging, and the use of systemic antibiotics. Each chapter contains numerous high-quality illustrations and clinical cases highlighting current research directions, key concepts, and new trends in clinical techniques and education.
Endodontic Advances and Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines:
• Presents the latest understanding of current literature, evidence, and clinical practice
• Examines new trends, treatments, and advanced diagnostic techniques in the field
• Covers a wide range of topics, including management of root canals, repair of perforation defects, removal of root filling materials, and alternatives to root canal treatment
Endodontic Advances and Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines is an invaluable resource for undergraduate and postgraduate dental students, general dental practitioners, endodontic specialists, researchers in the field of endodontics, and clinicians, researchers, and educators in other fields of dentistry.
• Hany M. A. Ahmed, BDS, HDD, PhD, FICD, MDTFEd (RCSEd), FPFA, FADI, Senior Lecturer of Endodontics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Deputy Editor-in-Chief, European Endodontic Journal.
• Paul M. H. Dummer, BDS, MScD, PhD, DDSc, FDS (RCSEd), Emeritus Professor, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK; President of the European Society of Endodontology; Editor-in-Chief, International Endodontic Journal.