1. Lesions of Endodontic Periodontal Origin
2. Etiology and Classification of Endodontic-Periodontal Lesions
3. Endodontic Considerations in the Management of Endodontic-Periodontal Lesions
4. Prosthetic Considerations in the Management of Endodontic-Periodontal Lesions
5. Endodontic-Periodontal Lesions: Periodontal Aspects
6. Modern Clinical Procedures in Periodontal Reconstructive Treatment
7. VRF as an Endodontic Periodontal Lesion
8. Treatment Alternatives Following Extraction of Teeth with Periodontal-Endodontic Lesions
9. Dental Implants Biological Complications: Tooth Preservation Reevaluated
10. Integration of Clinical Factors and Patient Values into Clinical Decision-Making in the Management of Endodontic-Periodontal Lesions
This book presents a multidisciplinary evidence-based approach to the management of teeth with lesions of endodontic-periodontal origin. The book opens by addressing the etiology and classification of endodontic-periodontal lesions, and demonstrates its relevance to the daily practice. Specific endodontic, prosthetic, and periodontal considerations that should be incorporated into clinical decision making and treatment planning are then discussed in detail. Subsequent chapters describe modern clinical procedures in periodontal regenerative treatment, describe vertical root fractures as an endodontic-periodontal lesion, examine treatment alternatives following the extraction of teeth with endodontic-periodontal lesions, and discuss possible biological complications in implant supported oral rehabilitation. Finally, a summary chapter considers the integration of clinical factors and patient values into clinical decision making. The text is accompanied by many figures presenting informative clinical examples. The authors are internationally renowned scientists and clinicians from the specialties of Endodontology, Periodontology, and Oral Rehabilitation. Owing to its multidisciplinary and comprehensive nature, the book will be relevant and interesting to the entire dental community.
• Presents an evidence-based approach to the management of endodontic-periodontal lesions
• Explains the considerations that should be integrated into clinical decision making and treatment planning
• Describes modern clinical procedures in periodontal regenerative treatment
• Written by internationally renowned scientists and clinicians from different dental specialties
• Dr. Igor Tsesis received his DMD from Moscow Medical Stomatological Institute, Russia, in 1990 and in 2003 graduated cum laude from the Post-Graduate Endodontic Program at the Dental School of Tel Aviv University, Israel. He currently serves as Director of Graduate Endodontics in Tel Aviv University. Dr. Tsesis is Past-President of the Israeli Endodontic Society and a member of the Scientific Council of the Israeli Dental Association. He is also a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Journal of Endodontics and the International Editorial Board of the journal Italian Oral Surgery. His research concerns the diagnosis and treatment of complications following root canal therapy and endodontic surgery. Most of his research has been published in the leading endodontic journals. Dr. Tsesis is editor of the Springer book Complications in Endodontic Surgery (2014) and co-editor of the Springer books Vertical Root Fractures in Dentistry (2015) and Evidence-Based Decision Making in Dentistry (2017).
• Dr. Carlos E. Nemcovsky graduated from the Dental School in Montevideo, Uruguay in 1979 and then undertook postgraduate studies in Periodontology at Tel Aviv University, Israel. He has been a Specialist in Periodontology since 1997 and is currently Full Professor in the Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University. He is former President of the Israel Periodontal and Osseointegration Society. Dr. Nemcovsky is involved in basic and clinical research, his main interest being tissue regeneration. He is author or co-author of more than 100 largely quoted publications in the leading international academic journals in the field, as well as a co-editor of the book Evidence-Based Decision Making in Dentistry (Springer, 2017). He is member of the editorial board and reviewer for several academic journals. He is also a renowned international speaker, having delivered more than 120 invited lectures in the fields of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry.
• Dr. Joseph Nissan received his DMD (1991) and Prosthodontics degrees (1997) from Tel Aviv University School of Dental Medicine. He is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Prosthodontics at the university and is a former Director of the Implantology Unit and the Prosthodontics postgraduate program. He is also Head of Oral Rehabilitation and Implant Prosthodontics at Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva. Dr. Nissan is current President of the Israel Society of Implant Dentistry and is a former President of the Israel Prosthodontic Society. He also acts as Chairman of the National Board of Prosthodontics Professional Committee and as a reviewer for several international dental journals. He is the author of more than 80 international publications on fixed prosthodontics and implant dentistry.
• Dr. Eyal Rosen received his DMD, and completed an advanced specialty graduate program in endodontics, at Tel Aviv University School of Dental Medicine. He is an Israeli board-certified endodontic specialist and maintains a private practice limited to endodontics. Dr. Rosen is a senior lecturer at Tel Aviv University School of Dental Medicine and was a faculty member at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, USA. Dr. Rosen completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, USA (2005–7). His research interests include endodontic complications, microbial biofilms that are involved in endodontic diseases, and evidence-based decision making in endodontics. Dr. Rosen has presented his research findings in numerous peer-reviewed articles, book chapters and international scientific congresses. He is a co-editor of the previous Springer books Vertical Root Fractures in Dentistry (2015) and Evidence-Based Decision Making in Dentistry (2017).