•The Concept of EndoVascular resuscitation and Trauma Management - building the EVTM team
•Principles of Modern Trauma Resuscitation
•Endovascular Management of Cervical Vascular Trauma
•Endovascular Management of Thoracic and Abdominal Trauma
• Endovascular Surgery for Extremity Trauma
• Principles of REBOA
• Partial REBOA
• REBOA in Traumatic Brain Injuries
• REBOA - induced Ischemia-reperfusion Injury
• REBOA in Non-traumatic Cardiac Arrest
• Endovascular Balloon Occlusion in Obstetrical Hemorrhage
• Pre-hospital and Austere EVTM
• Endovascular Embolization in Trauma and Bleeding
• Management of the Unstable Patient during EVTM and REBOA
• ExtraCorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in the Unstable Trauma Patient
• Post-operative Critical Care Management Considerations
• Complications of Endovascular and Hybrid Surgery
• EndoVascular resuscitation and Trauma Management - Education and Simulation.
This book focuses on endovascular methods for resuscitation and trauma management. Written by highly qualified and clinically active physicians from around the world, it shares information gathered over the past decade, providing a comprehensive database of clinical knowledge for a wide range of practicing clinicians and researchers.
Moreover, it describes basic methods for vascular access, methods for REBOA (Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta), endo-grafts and embolization methods, as well as other, more advanced methods for endovascular and hybrid resuscitation (CPR REBOA, ECHMO etc.) from the pre-hospital to the post-surgical phase. As the body of literature in this field has grown considerably over the past five years, the book also focuses on summarizing what is known, what the clinical and research evidence is, and “how to actually use” the various methods. It will help readers understand basic and advanced modern techniques for bleeding control and modern resuscitation, and how to apply them in clinical practice.
• Describes the emerging clinical use of REBOA and other EVTM techniques for resuscitation
• Written by a group of respected clinicians with extensive experience in bleeding management
• Presents an overview of new methods to stop bleeding using state of the art new techniques: from the pre-hospital to the post-operative period