1. The Application of Photogrammetry for Forensic 3D Recording of Crime Scenes, Evidence and People
2. 3D Printing Applied to Forensic Investigations
3. Post-mortem Examination of Infant Bridging Veins and Subdural Haemorrhage
4. Traumatic Carotid Sinus Reflex and Postmortem Investigation of the Glomus Caroticum in Cases of Pressure to the Neck
5. The Cricoid Cartilage
6. Mountain Deaths
7. Fatalities Related to Extreme Aerial Sports
8. Commotio Cordis
This book covers topical subjects within the field of death investigation, where changes in practice have recently occurred. The topics embrace the multi-disciplinary approach required for death investigation, and address advances in the field of forensic photography, pathology, and 3D printing as applied to forensics. This volume includes chapters on high altitude deaths, the role of 3D-printing applied to forensic investigations, photogrammetry, commotion cordis (an uncommon cause of fatal cardiac arrest) and the cricoid cartilage.
Essentials of Autopsy Practice: Reviews, Updates and Advances is an educational and practical resource aimed at trainees and consultants, generalists and specialists, and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Provides an easy access reference source on current autopsy advances
• Provides an overview of topics of current high interest in the field
• Written by experts in the field internationally