BEHAM-SCHMID, C.; SCHMITT-GRÄFF, A.; HENRY, K.
• Normal bone marrow
• Bone marrow stroma
• Reactive bone marrow
• Hypercellular bone marrow
• Hypocellular bone marrow
• Myelodysplastic syndromes
• Mimics of myelodysplasia
• Acute myeloid leukemia
• Myeloproliferative neoplasm (MPN)
• Myelodysplastic / Myeloproliferative neoplasms
• Mast cells in bone marrow biopsy
• Acute lymphatic leukemia
• Malignant lymphomas
• Plasma cell myeloma
• Common non-haematopoietic neoplastic infiltrates
• Which cell populations do frequently used antibodies detect in the bone marrow?.
This comprehensive, superbly illustrated reference is designed to provide practical diagnostic assistance for hematopathologists when dealing with common and uncommon lesions in bone marrow trephine biopsies (BMTBs). At the heart of the book is a systematic analysis of neoplastic hematological and non-hematological disease entities, with concise identification of the key features of myeloproliferative neoplasms, myelodysplastic syndromes, acute and chronic leukemias, eosinophilia-associated myeloid/lymphoid neoplasms, lymphoproliferative disorders, and selected non-hematopoietic malignancies. Relevant examples of BMTBs are presented, with microscopic description, high-quality photomicrographs, and clinical data. The book also explains how to assess hematopoietic and stromal components of normal BMTBs, identifies the heterogeneous patterns that may be observed in healthy individuals, and analyzes reactive conditions, with particular attention to diagnostic problems and pitfalls.
• Identifies the key features of neoplastic hematological and non-hematological diseases in bone marrow biopsies
• Describes the heterogeneous patterns observed in healthy individuals Presents copious examples, with microscopic description, high-quality photomicrographs, and clinical data