This updated 2nd Edition of Williamson’s highly applied text provides just enough background to help students learn to develop and implement exercise programs for special populations. For each condition, the book provides a general description, anatomy and physiology variances, precautions, recommendations for exercise testing and prescription, instructions and images of various exercises, and nutritional considerations. The 2nd Edition features new chapters on Fibromyalgia and Parkinson’s Disease, as well as enhanced in-book pedagogy and online resources.
• An online library of patient handouts, organized by conditions, illustrates the correct way to perform a wide range of exercises.
• A Test Bank in Word® facilitates quiz and exam creation.
• Pre-loaded PowerPoint presentations speed lecture preparation.
• A complete image bank makes it easy to import images into lectures, assignments, and quizzes.
• Answers to textbook questions are provided for your convenience