• Amino-Cupric-Silver (A-Cu-Ag) Staining to Detect Neuronal Degeneration in the Mouse Brain: The de Olmos Technique
• Assessment of Auditory Hair Cell Loss by Cytocochleograms
• Evaluation of Cellular and Molecular Pathology in the Rodent Vestibular Sensory Epithelia by Immunofluorescent Staining and Confocal Microscopy
• Morphometric Analysis of Axons and Dendrites as a Tool for Assessing Neurotoxicity
• DPOAEs for the Assessment of Noise- or Toxicant-Induced Cochlear Damage in the Rat
• Use of Visual Evoked Potentials to Assess Deficits in Contrast Sensitivity in Rats following Neurotoxicant Exposures
• Electrophysiological Assessments in Peripheral Nerves and Spinal Cord in Rodent Models of Chemotherapy-Induced Painful Peripheral Neuropathy
• The Functional Observation Battery: Utility in Safety Assessment of New Molecular Entities
• Behavioral Assessment of Vestibular Dysfunction in Rats
• Assessment of Olfactory Toxicity in Dodents
• Assessment of Neurotoxicant-Induced Changes in Behavior: Issues Related to Interpretation of Outcomes and Experimental Design
• Assessment of Neurofilament Light Protein as a Serum Biomarker in Rodent Models of Toxic-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
• Assessing Neurotoxicant-Induced Inflammation in the Central Nervous System: Cytokine mRNA with Immunostaining of Microglia Morphology
• Mitochondrial Stress Assay and Glycolytic Rate Assay in Microglia using Agilent Seahorse Extracellular Flux Analyzers
• Assessment of Larval Zebrafish Locomotor Activity for Developmental Neurotoxicity Screening
• A Behavioral Test Battery to Assess Larval and Adult Zebrafish after Developmental Neurotoxic Exposure
• Evaluation of Neurotoxic Effects in Zebrafish Embryos by Automatic Measurement of Early Motor Behaviors
• Application of Fluorescence Microscopy and Behavioral Assays to Demonstrating Neuronal Connectomes and Neurotransmitter Systems in C. elegans
• Effects of Neurotoxic or Pro-Regenerative Agents on Motor and Sensory Neurite Outgrowth in Spinal Cord Organotypic Slices and DRG Explants in Culture
• Integrative In Vitro/Ex Vivo Assessment of Dopaminergic Neurotoxicity in Rodents using Striatal Synaptosomes and Membrane Preparations
• Quantification of Oligodendrocytes and Myelin in Human iPSC-Derived 3D Brain Cell Cultures (Brainspheres)
• Measurement of Electrical Activity of Differentiated Human iPSC-Derived Neurospheres Recorded by Microelectrode Arrays (MEA).
This volume explores the latest methods that seek to address the vital questions being asked in neurotoxicology research. The chapters in this book cover a variety of available methods from the molecular level to the organism level, and both in vitro and in vivo approaches, including alternative model organisms. In the Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Cutting-edge and authoritative, Experimental Neurotoxicology Methods is a valuable resource for both young and experienced researchers who are looking for guidance to implement these methods in their laboratories or for understanding the data generated through these techniques.
• Includes cutting-edge methods and protocols
• Provides step-by-step detail essential for reproducible results
• Contains key notes and implementation advice from the experts.