• How to use the book
• Structural anatomy, physiology, and pathology of eye
• Essential pathology and immunology for ophthalmologists
• Genetics and embryology for ophthalmologists
• Pharmacology for ophthalmologists
• Microbiology for ophthalmologists
• Neurology for ophthalmologists
• Pre-exam eye yields.
The book provides high yield information in basic ophthalmology including anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, and embryology that are required for preparation of ophthalmology exams. The book focusses on all parts of the eye, with special focus on basic science including appropriate amount of information on clinical science for students and trainees. It is written in a lucid manner with textual notes and illustrations for quick learning and better understanding. Each section contains high yield information in separate points, with commonly asked information in “Eye Yield Note” boxes. It also includes estimated study time for each section to better plan the study. It also includes a pre-exam night study section at the end of the book that provides the information to be reviewed just before the exam. The book will be very helpful in passing almost all basic ophthalmology exams in a relatively short study time, by skipping the “filling” text available in most of the textbooks. It will be an excellent read for post graduate students looking for concise revision material. It will be relevant for medical students, ophthalmology residents, and medical doctors applying for ophthalmology residency and also for FRCS Part 1 exam.
• Provides to the point information needed to pass basic ophthalmology exams
• Includes a ‘Pre-exam night section’ and ‘Eye yield note’ boxes
• Includes beautifully drawn sketches designed for easy learning
• Quick study resource for medical students on clinical rotation, optometry and ophthalmology residents/fellows preparing for board exams
• Written in a lucid manner